My Photostream

View my photos at bighugelabs.com

Friday, February 19, 2010

Wrath from above

Hi all and today is Friday, February 19, 2010.

It's sad that in a civilization that is supposedly so advanced, we have to resort to violence in order to feel that we're heard or that some manner of action will be taken to effect a change. I for one do not believe in violence, but like most folks do have a temper. While I know that there is much in this world that I cannot change, I don't believe violence is the answer. But I have to wonder what happens inside a person's mind when they elect to follow that path. I know in my own life there are any number of things that have happened at the hand of big business and the government. But I know in my heart that while frustrating as those matters might be, violence is not really going accomplish my goals. In fact, it would only result in my being summarily tossed in the pokey. Nevertheless, the thought of Joe Stack slamming a plane into a building full of people who in all likelihood had no idea of his personal struggles is disturbing. What is it that is pushing more and more people to think that this is the answer?

Anywho... I suppose we'll never know, but one thing I know for sure (perhaps only me but I know it in my heart). Society is pushing people to their physical and mental limits. We were not meant to operate in the manner we are all behaving. We were meant to take care of one another given the fact that we are all human beings; at least I think we all are. I think this man's actions represent a serious problem that is bubbling just below the surface of many folks who share similar stories. I think Joe Stack's actions represent some people's outward expression of their inward feelings. Given that, I have to wonder just how many more folks could go rogue without warning.

God bless all the folks who came to the aid of the employees within the building and I pray that they all find peace and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment