My Photostream

View my photos at bighugelabs.com

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Many others have know this, but now they all have a voice

Welcome everyone to Saturday, February 27, 2010.

It's pouring rain outside at the moment so I thought I'd read through some of the morning headlines when I bumped into this story; Buffett vents on financial fat cats.

Now many of us for quite some time now have felt outrage toward the irresponsibility of top banking and finance officials and management. They get paid outrageous sums of money whether they deliver or not (kinda' like sports figures). And they put all of us in danger by making extremely risky investments with our money. This behavior is not going to change by enacting legislation that they will simply maneuver around. If you want real change then you have to hit them where it hurts, in their pockets.

Let's face it, given the opportunity people will be greedy. That's just human nature and in fact biblical (man is sinful). So in order to prevent certain behaviors there has to be consequences when one has committed a wrongful act. But unless the perpetrators of those acts feel the same pain as the rest of us, nothing will change. Trust me, if these same high level individuals had to deal with the same consequences as you and I for their wrongdoings there would be less trouble in our financial system and a whole lot more fairness.

As always I invite your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment