My Photostream

View my photos at bighugelabs.com

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pants should fit snugly, unless you're MC Hammer

Hi y'all! Today is Tuesday, February 16, 2010.

Ever since this fad started I've been opponent. Guys wearing pants that are 3 to 4 sizes too large with the waistband half way to their knees. It makes people even on their best days look disheveled and sloppy. It looks as if they have no self respect to wear clothes that fit properly. In fact it can slow you down physically.

A few years back the LAPD was chasing after a driver who would not yield to their lights and sirens. As is the case with all these pursuits the driver stops the car, bails, and attempts to flee on foot. However in this case the suspect missed a step due to his having to pull up his pants!

Now I don't condone crime or resisting arrest, but perhaps he'd have had a better chance if his trousers were of a correct size and properly installed around his waist. Oh well, hind sight is 20/20.

The whole reason I even mention this is because this issue is in the headlines again. Apparently U.S. snowboard rider Nate Holland, feels that his peers pants are too tight and do not properly reflect the snowboarding persona. I have to say that I disagree. The only sport for which I can see a benefit to loose clothing would be martial arts. But that's me and perhaps I'm dating myself.

But seriously folks, the whole look makes you appear like you woke up and put on what you slept in. Be proud of yourself and who you are and wear your pants where they belong. Just give it a shot. What have you got to lose, except for your pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment