My Photostream

View my photos at bighugelabs.com

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Who is Bart Stupak?

Hi y'all and welcome to the weekend. It is Saturday, March 6, 2010.

Now I know that some of you are gonna' take this opinion kinda' hard and that's okay. But this is how I feel on this issue and that's okay too.

It seems that another politico has come to the surface over the debate on healthcare. Rep. Bart Stupak, the nine-term Democrat from Michigan is the author of the "Stupak Amendment" which is a rider attached to the House health care legislation that would effectively ban most government funding of abortion under the new health care system. I must say that I agree that this is a procedure that should not be paid for with tax dollars. This is not a condition like a cold or the flu which can be contracted by simply interacting with daily life. The condition for which an abortion becomes the treatment is clearly, and in most cases, avoidable.

I believe that too many folks have come to accept abortion as a means of contraception; it is not. And as such I don't believe that abortions should be funded by tax dollars. If people desire to engage in unprotected sexual activity then they should bear the burden of the cost and not John Q. Taxpayer. I believe that if these were the rules then folks might think a bit harder before engaging in an act that results in a human life. Not withstanding the issue of a person relying on the government to pay for their abortion, but then to pay for the food and care of the new infant as well. Seriously people, it all boils down to this... "If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em".

I welcome your thoughts and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment